Tuesday, April 17, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Becca Brayers


Hi All! I hope your week is rolling on by. Speaking of rolling (see that seamless, easy, not-at-all-forced transition?)



Today I'm going to talk about using a brayer to create a gorgeous background.


To re-create this technique, you'll need Distress Inks, photo paper and a rubber brayer. 


Begin by smooshing Distress Inks onto a craft mat. 


Spritz with a tiny bit of water, and then roll your brayer through the inky craft mat, and then onto a piece of glossy photo paper. Start by rolling slightly off the page and then roll smoothly all the way over it, stopping after you roll all the way off the other edge and onto the craft mat. You don't want hard edges. 


You actually don't have to use water, but if you don't your background will be more choppy and less smooth. In the above photo, the bottom sheet is spritzed with water before brayering and the top wasn't. You can see how much more choppy the top background is. 


 I used the Scribbly Splattery Grunge set to add some grungy music notes to my background and stamped a bird from the For the Birds stamp set onto a focal background. 


I finished out my designs with a big ol' Thank You (also straight from the For the Birds set). 


Thanks for popping by! :) I hope you all have a lovely rest of your week.

Supplies Becca used today:
ForTheBirds-preview
For the Birds

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your background technique. I love yhe result

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique - I may have to bring my brayer out of retirement!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved both the backgrounds.. Wonder cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background, Becca.
    Adding colors with brayer is one fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making note on how to use Distress inks here lovely work! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)