Wednesday, May 17, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley's Seeing Things Again


Do you use a journal or book just for playing around in? I have a couple of small journals in which I occasionally (as in, when I remember to) blot off any inks and paints I've been using, then I stamp or scribble in them later. They've been neglected of late, so I picked one up, started flicking through it, and saw one page that I thought would work perfectly with my City Girl stamp set.






On the right-hand page there, I thought the dark area at the top would be her head, and the red would be her coat. Then the green splodges could be trees in the background.


I scribbled the trees over the green splodgy area and scribbled some high-rise buildings in the remaining grey area behind her head. Literally scribbled! Didn't think about it, didn't try to place any of the marks exactly.


I added a text block from Art Is using Distress Oxide ink.  Not the best ink for text or sentiments really, as some of the detail is lost.

When I looked at the left-hand page of the journal, I saw that City Girl would work perfectly on that page too.


This time I stamped the trees using the Houses Extras set, flowers from Parfumerie, and the text quote from the Life In Full Colour STAMP Club set.


Then I flicked through the book again, and found another page to work on.


I thought the circle splodges would make great balloons using Deepti's Kathryn's Big Wishes.


I placed Kathryn so that the spotty pattern was in her dress, and drew in some balloon strings.

Stamping into a journal is also a great way of testing out a card layout or design without fear of making a mistake - no card is wasted!

If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.


    

6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)