Friday, May 12, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Creates an Over the Rainbow Calendar

  Hi! I'm here to share a fun mixed media calendar with you today. I hope you enjoy seeing the process I used to create it. 

Here's the finished mini calendar page that I made using the ARTplorations stencils/masks Retro CirclesJust Flow, and Where Trouble Melts.

I thoroughly enjoyed making the calendar for this month's Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge. So, I decided to share how I made it.
1. I started by stenciling yellow ink through Retro Circles onto a panel of watercolor paper.


2. I covered the panel with the Where Troubles Melt Mask and sponged on a rainbow.






  3. I added rosy red gel pen outlines to the words.


4. Added Glossy Accents.

                           
  5. After allowing the Glossy Accents to dry, I added a white frame, masked off the center of the panel and added white embossing paste through the Just Flow stencil.

 





  6. I removed the masking tape, allowed the paste to dry and trimmed the white panel.


7. I added the little calendar. I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4" x 2 1/4" or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.


8. I added the white lines to the mini calendar.



That's all I have for today. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,

melissastamplorationsdtbadge 

ARTplorations Products:

preview-web-stencil-051-retrocircles
preview-stencil127-Wheretroublesmeltmask
preview-stencil121-JustFlow

7 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)