Monday, May 22, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Butterfly Mini Canvas by MariLynn


MariLynn here with a tutorial for a small mixed media canvas.



I started with a piece of designer paper that had gold, orange and blue colors.



 I sprayed the dp with a "Denim" colored spray. I then dry embossed it to add extra texture


 I cut it to 5x5 size and glued it to a canvas panel. I then used gold metallic rub to bring out the embossed texture.


 I added cheesecloth, rhinestones, little tiles, some squares of dp that had little butterflies that I covered with glitter.
 I also added butterflies that I cut using CUTplorations Flutter Zen 2 layering dies.

2 comments:

  1. what a great canvas MariLynn! love your stenciled background, the texture of the cheesecloth and pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Such lovely colours & textures, the gold must look extra wonderful peeking through the cheesecloth!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)