Monday, May 01, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Altered Bottle by Carol


Hi everyone, Carol here today to share how I altered a humble sauce bottle....one of many in my stash awaiting a makeover!


I started by covering the bottle in a layer of texture paste, not paying too much attention to how smoothly it ended up.


Once this layer was dry I used the Daisy Play stencil and more texture paste to add design to each side.


After leaving everything to dry I added a coat of black gesso and once that was dry I started adding some colour using three shades of Mica Powders. 


Spray with water until you get the desired effect and allow to dry.


I added some metallic wax to the edges then coated the whole bottle with clear gesso to seal everything and give a "tooth" for the next layer. I put the stencil back in place and painted some of the flowers with distress paint and added some gemstones to the centres. the bottle was finished with some twine.


I hope I've inspired to use your stencils....they really are very versatile.

ARTplorations - Daisy Play stencil 

Other goods - Gesso, Texture Paste, Mica Powders

3 comments:

  1. WOW - this bottle looks fabulous, I want to reach out and feel the textures of the design!
    Thank You for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)