Thursday, March 30, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Stamps with Dies



Hi, Cornelia here today showing you how you can stamp with your dies.


My STAMPlorations supplies:

preview-trendyspringbloomsdiespreview-hellosunshine


I took the dies and die cut them with fun foam.



Used a glue stick and mounted them onto a clear acrylic block.



In the end I settled on the rose die....



Stamped it repeatedly with different color distress ink onto water color paper.
Misted it with water to have the colors blend a bit.



Once it was dry I thought the colors looked a bit too washed out, so I over stamped the roses again with distress inks. Added the die cut sentiment using dark grey card stock.



Added a strip of hot pink card stock on top, some Nuvo drops and rounded the bottom corners.


Now isn't that a cool way to stretch your dies?

Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA
to get 20% off all regular- and sale-priced stamps, stencils, and dies in the store.

15 comments:

  1. great idea...love how your card turned out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your foam die cut stamped roses turned out beautifully Cornelia. I love how you added your die cut sentiment and nuvo drops. Such a pretty CAS design. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful effect! I am surprised at how cleanly the dies have cut the foam, being so detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a great result, I love multi uses, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card and and awesome way to use your dies!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I just received my Trendy Spring Blooms stamp and die set today, so will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea!! I love those bloom dies, how pretty are the flowers. Definitely a must have. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this idea is so creative and a brilliant way of stretching crafting supplies. Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kind of amazed at how crisp the image turned out. You've created a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH, this is so pretty! Such fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a seriously cool way to stretch your dies! Absolutely love the colours too. Perfect pinks to get me feeling like it's Spring! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Haven't done this for ages. Thanks for the reminder. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)