Monday, March 06, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} - Folk Flowers Tag by MariLynn


MariLynn here with a fun project. 




I started out by taking cheap water soluble markers and scribbling them on an acetate folder.


I sprayed water onto the scribbles.


I closed the folder and let the colors mix.


Then I put white cardstock in the puddles.


I did it two different times and got two different results. One was more splotchy and one was a more even color. I like doing this technique because no two are the same. There is the element of surprise.


I taped down ARTplorations Circular Two stencil.


I sprayed with water. When I let it dry this is how it looks. It has a very subtle design,


I sprayed through the stencil on both pieces of cardstock.


I chose to continue with the background that was less splotchy. I stamped flowers from
STAMPlorations Folk Flowers Stamp Set


I also stamped STAMPlorations Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds. I added gold acrylic paint to centers of flowers and splattered gold paint on the cardstock.


I stamped the sentiment from STAMPlorations Poket Blooms


This is how the cardstock looked before I cut it.


This photo shows what was scraps and what part I choose to keep.


I took another piece of colored cardstock, cheesecloth to put with it.


The finished tag.


1 comment:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)