Monday, November 28, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mini Canvas Wall Hanging by Monika


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today with a Mixed Media Tutorial. I thought I'd progress to working with canvas, four of them to be precise, to make this little Christmas present.


I started off with a pack of mini framed canvas, the ARTplorations Bubbles Stencil some pretty paper with a small pattern, a gel pen and my latest PaperArtsy colours Zesty Zing and London Bus, both translucent to allow some of the underlying paper to shine through.


I tore the paper and glued it to the canvas. A torn edge makes for a smoother transition between paper and canvas.
Once dry I brushed my colours on, very randomly and not too bothered about perfect coverage.


Once dry, I used the Bubbles stencil to draw on some circles with a white gel pen.


Next I stamped the torn newspaper from the Mixed Media Grunge set in black Memento.


I stamped and fuzzy cut the large butterfly from the Blossom Like A Butterfly set and the matching small butterfly from the Gone Postal set. I ended up using one large and three small ones.


I then added a little Zesty Zing to my multi purpose filler and used it to stencil the words Happy, Love and Hugs from the ARTplorations Hello And Company Stencil.


Once dry, I added some shading using copper shimmery Decorating Chalk before attaching the butterflies. I also went over the stenciled words to pick up some texture as you can see in the close-ups of the finished project.

I added some sequins and gave each canvas a protective coat of Mod Podge before attaching them to a strip of burlap.
TIP!: To stop the burlap from fraying add a thin line of glue, Mod Podge or clear nail varnish to the edges.






That's it from me for today. Hope you feel inspired to create a little canvas and maybe link it up with our Mixed Media Challenge. There is still time left to play this month.

Have a lovely week!
hugs
Monika xxx


ARTplorations Stencils: BubblesHello And Company
preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg preview-web-stencil-010-bigwords.jpeg

STAMPlorations Stamps: Mixed Media GrungeBlossom Like A ButterflyGone Postal
MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg preview-BlossomLikeAButterfly preview-SheryRuss_GonePostal copy

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun and fabulous project, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project and so attractive.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved reading each of your steps and admiring each photo Monika. Your hanging canvas turned out beautifully and is a true "Work of Art". TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun project.
    Doesn't take a lot of room
    and it goes together fast.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this project - especially the gorgeous oranges you used:)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)