Wednesday, November 05, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Sends A Dozen Roses


Sometimes half a dozen roses just aren't enough, so I thought I'd see if I could make a dozen roses using the Rosebuds stamp set.



I inked the stamp with Worn Lipstick and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.


With a wet brush, I pulled the colour in. Then I decided there wasn't enough contrast so I offset-stamped the image in black (no photo for that step but you'll see the effect in the later photos).



I masked the rosebuds then stamped leaves around the bouquet.



I coloured the leaves with Shabby Shutters then fussy cut the image, and made another identical bouquet. You can see the offset black stamping in this photo.



Then I cut the stalks off one bouquet and cut around the bouquet so that it was in two halves. I spent some time getting the placement just right, and where I wanted my text to go.



I stamped the sentiment and text onto the purple card with Brilliance Moonlight White and stuck the split rosebuds into place.



Lastly, I popped the main bouquet flowers up on foam dots for dimension but stuck the stems down onto the card.



Here's another look at the finished card. There are only 11 rosebuds visible, but in real life you wouldn't see the flowers at the back anyway ;)



Stamps Shirley used in today's project:

stmp1077.jpeg  



Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for November. We'll pick a winner and announce it on December 1!


Oh, and have you heard? There's a super-cool tag event happening right now: Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends! It's Day 3 and Shirley's mixed media tag is featured there along with Loll's tag. Check it out and if you play along, you could win a $40 gift certificate to use on the STAMPlorations shop! Not sure about mixed media? Loll has a simple definition of it for the event. (And if you've been playing in The Mixed Media Card Challenge, it's basically the same definition.) We hope you'll follow that event, as there's still 9 days of mixed media tag goodness coming!


22 comments:

  1. great idea the Bud stamps twice and cut ...
    love the Colors you used
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  2. very stylish. I especially like the text behind the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dozen roses Shirley. So clever to stamp two and make a big bouquet. Gorgeous soft colours for your roses and leaves ... and LOVE the white stamped sentiments on the purple backdrop --- WOW!! Thanks for sharing how you did this. And thanks to Shery for including a link to my tag event!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant, the text in the background looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple color choice with dozen of rose buds and love the text BG in white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers turned out so soft, delicate, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love how you've layered them to create a full bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever way to stretch this stamp, Shirley! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant. What a clever idea. . It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A classy, elegant bouquet of roses, Shirley...so pretty! Fabulous tutorial!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you decoupaged the image. Great colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ! I loved the idea to make the bouquet more fuller :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely boquet of roses...they warm me up because it is freezing here!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful water coloring on the roses, and I love how they pop against the purple card base! Clever stamping for the sentiments, too! Gorgeous card, Shirley!
    Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bouquet! Love how you watercolored those lovely flowers. Great idea to stamp in black after coloring for more definition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I like this! Thanks for sharing all your techniques...I love to see the step by step process.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is gorgeous, the dark background make this roses super beautiful and gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card and great watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooohh I always adore purple and your purple really stand out plus that lovely rose ...adorable card...love love love this

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card and tutorial! Thanks for that. Love the colors and layering.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)